Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm a fool



Well, not really.....but it IS April Fool's Day. No one has played a trick on me yet, but being the gullible person that I am, I am sure that someone will get me before the day is over.

I am having a wonderful day. Jana Roberts Benzon is here from Salt Lake City to teach a polymer workshop (check out her website at http://www.janarobertsbenzon.com/) This will be the third time I've brought her down to Albuquerque to teach, and we are having a blast. She will be doing a "Meet the Artist" event tonight in the gallery, and we are getting ready for that, then tomorrow we start the "Laser Cut" workshop. Thank goodness there are no real lasers involved, because I'm something of a klutz when it comes to dangerous tools!! I'll post photos of what we make and you'll have to take a step or two back from your keyboard because you'll be drooling!! (that is, of course, if what I make turns out ok!!) In the meantime, above is a self portrait I took of myself on a recent trip to visit family in Miami, as well as a photo of my brother and me as he took me on my very first motorcycle ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment