Sunday, May 29, 2011

Walking for a cure

My wonderful, gorgeous, patient, handsome, sweet husband, Ed (can you tell that I think he's pretty amazing?) has signed up to walk the Nike (half) marathon in San Francisco in October with me.
I walked it 2 1/2 years ago and it was really fun. My knees aren't so great, and my feet pretty much suck, but I just took my time and eventually crossed the finish line. The fact that I knew there were handsome firemen in tuxedos waiting at the finish line to hand me a Tiffany necklace from a silver platter definitely helped keep me going!! Anyway, Ed and I started training last week and we are holding a Trivia Night fundraiser on July 23rd benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). It will be the fifth one we have done and it is always a REALLY fun evening. So.....if you are in Albuquerque, please come and join us. And if you're not in the neighborhood, please help us by donating to help with the research to find a cure for blood cancers. The link to our website where you can donate is
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nm/nikesf11/hootens
I have participated in four LLS Team in Training endurance events and have raised over $20,000 and Ed has been a cycling coach with the teams for four years. We have friends and family that have been affected by these terrible diseases, and we will continue to train and fundraise until a cure has been found. Please help us by donating today!! And a big thanks in advance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment