Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oh my gosh I'm a winner


I am so excited!!! I just won this month's polymer clay challenge on "Poly Clay Play". Here is a photo of the piece I entered. The challenge was to make something with a cane and my entry was a bracelet I made after taking a class with Sarah Shriver last year. Go check out the Poly Clay Play website at http://www.polyclayplay.com/.


This has been a great week. I also got my blank art journal in the mail so I can start working on "The Sketchbook Project". I now have until the end of the year to fill the book (oh my gosh there are a LOT of pages to doodle on) and send it back so that it becomes part of a touring show in 2011. Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. Check out their website at http://www.thesketchbookproject.com/.


Gosh I love being an artist. There. I've said it out loud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment